Monday, December 1, 2008

The Holiday Quiz

Q. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
A. Each year I put on holiday CDs or one of my favorite holiday shows (Rudolph, Grinch, Frosty) to begin the Gift Wrapping Process. I do like wrapping gifts with paper, bows and name tags. But the gift bags are so nice that I enjoy using those too. Sometimes it is just easier to use a bag.

[Bag Use Hint: Don't just put the gift in the bag. Make sure you have some tissue paper sticking out from the top of the bag. I think Martha Stewart may have told me this].

I do a mixture of boxes and bags. The variety looks great under the tree. A colorful mystery just waiting to be revealed.

Q. Real tree or Artificial?
A. I use an artificial one. They look real. They last the season. They don't shed needles. They don't need to be watered.

Q. When do you put up the tree?
A. Usually on Thanksgiving Day, or that weekend.

Q. When do you take the tree down?
A. Anytime after New Years. Sometimes on January 1st. Depends on the time.

Q. Do you like eggnog?
A. Yes. Very much.

Q. Favorite gift received as a child?
A. I loved the tape recorder I got one year. Used it for years. The family computer was a great one too.

Q. Hardest person to buy for?
A. That's a hard one to answer.

Q. Easiest person to buy for?
A. My niece. On a side note, I think that I am very easy to buy for.

Q. Do you have a nativity scene?
A. No. My mom has several though. Should I borrow one?

Q. Mail or email Christmas cards?
A. I love writing out cards. And I love getting them in the mail. Is that wrong to admit? There is something fun about getting mail. If you get one from me, send one back! You don't want to be scratched off my list.

Q. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
A. I don't remember ever thinking of a gift as "worst" or "bad." As a kid I didn't like getting clothes. Not sure many kids do. Now I love it.

Q. Favorite Christmas Movie?
A. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, A Christmas Story, The Year Without a Santa Clause, The Judy Garland Christmas Special, Emmit Otter's Jug Band Christmas, The Christmas that Almost Wasn't, Santa Clause, Santa Clause is Coming to Town.

Q. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
A. After Thanksgiving. I don't have too many to buy for and I can do it fast if needed.

Q. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
A. I've never had a reason to recycle a gift.

Q. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
A. Ham, sweet potatoes, stuffing, banana bread, macaroni salad, other salads and all the wonderful baking my mom does.

Q. Lights on the tree?
A. On my Blue Tree, I have hundreds of white lights: solid and blinking. It looks great. On my Rudolph Tree, I have red and white. Some blinking, some steady.

Q. Favorite Christmas song?
A. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. No matter who sings it, I love it. I have 20+ versions of that song on my iPod.

Some trivia: The song was written for Judy Garland to sing in the film Meet Me in St. Louis. My friend, Michael Siewart, owns the gown Judy wore while singing Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. It was a moving experience to see the gown Judy wears as she sings my favorite Christmas song in that famous scene from the movie.

Q. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
A. I travel back home to Aberdeen, SD.

Q. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
A. Yes. No problem. Bashful, Doc, Sleepy, Grumpy . . . . oh wait, those are the Seven Dwarfs from Snow White.

Q. Angel on the tree top or a star?
A. A huge glitter covered snowflake to match the other huge glitter snowflakes on my Blue Tree.

Q. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning?
A. Christmas Eve.

Q. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
A. The stores being decorated for Christmas before the Halloween Decor is down?

Q. Favorite ornament theme or color?
A. My Blue Tree is done in a variety of blue ornaments. The garland, lights and snowflakes are all white. My Rudolph Tree is decorated in Rudolph ornaments, red garland and white and red lights.

Q. What do you want for Christmas this year?
A. A GPS so I stopped getting lost.











No comments: