Monday, December 15, 2008

Favorite Holiday CD

I have many holiday CDs. Last count was over 25. And I have a few that I want to buy this year including Jessica Simpson, Christina Aguilera and Tony Bennet. My tastes in holiday music are as varied as the rest of my music collection.

If I had to pick one, my all time favorite holiday CD is Once Upon a Christmas by Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers. I've listened to this countless times. Released in 1984, the recordings have not aged at all. The arrangements are timeless. I was reminded of this last night when I played the CD.

Every year I look forward to the month of December because I'll listen to Kenny and Dolly sing wonderful solos and outstanding duets. Of course Kenny and Dolly are one of the most famous and successful country singers to ever duet. Islands in the Stream started their partnership and their holiday CD reinforces their duet power.

The standard Christmas songs are great. My favorites are the five new songs Dolly wrote for the album including Christmas Without You, The Greatest Gift of All and With Bells On.

Even if you are not a country music fan, if you enjoy holiday music this CD must be part of your colletion.



Dolly Parton's Official Website

Kenny Rogers' Official Website

No comments: