The Golden Globes are over and the winners have their awards displayed proudly at home. Below are the parts of the evening that stuck out the most to me.
1. The most genuine winner #1.
Kate Winslet for her first win of the evening for The Reader.
2. The most genuine winner #2.
Kate Winslet for her second win of the evening for Revolutionary Road. In both of these wins, Kate was so real in her speeches. She truly was emotionally moved by winning these awards. You could see it.
3. The weirdest facial hair of the evening.
Sting. If that really was Sting? I loved Colin Farrell’s reaction. His face in total shock at Sting’s appearance.
4. The way too skinny actress.
Sally Hawkins looked borderline anorexic. If you look too skinny on screen, you REALLY are too skinny in person.
5. The actresses it was great to see at the ceremony.
Jessica Lange, Shirley MacLaine and Sigourney Weaver.
6. The biggest surprise win by an actor.
7. The least surprise win by an actor.
8. The best mom to daughter moment.
Demi Moore telling her daughter Rumer Willis to stand up straight and not slouch when she was onstage.
9. The best acceptance speech.
Laura Linney. She was so articulate and clear and very well prepared.
10. The funniest acceptance speech.
Tracy Morgan accepting for 30 Rock.
11. The most humble winner.
Tina Fey. She's had such a great year and she made a good point that not everyone likes her. "If you ever start to feel too good about yourself, they have this thing called the Internet."
12. The best duo presenters.
Emma Thompson and Dustin Hoffman.
13. The best female hairstyle.
14. The worst female hairstyle.
15. The person most robbed of an award.
Penelope Cruz (sorry Kate Winslet).
16. The strangest big green ring #1.
17. The strangest big green ring #2.
18. The most unfortunate trend in female fashions.
All the excess fabric bunched up in various places on the gowns. It looked sloppy and was not flattering on the figures these ladies work so hard to maintain.
19. The most unfortunate trend in male fashions.
All the facial hair. Why did so many male celebrities feel the need to grow facial hair for the awards show? Especially when SO few male celebrities actually LOOK good in facial hair. You're at a fashionable event and you're wearing a tux. Come on guys, don't let your scruffy beard growth ruin the image. Shave!