Thursday, January 29, 2009

Be'Wiched Deli: Food Review 2 of 52



As part of my New Year's Resolution to try 52 new restaurants, diners, coffee shops and bakeries during 2009, I present the following review:

Place:
Be'Wiched Deli.

Location:
800 Washington Ave. North
Minneapolis, MN 55401

Theme:
The Be'Wiched Deli website says it best: "We have spent our culinary careers in the kitchens of fine dining restaurants. Our polished technique and passion for quality ingredients have inspired us to open a gourmet sandwich shop serving artisinal sandwiches, salads, and soups."

Decor:
Vibrant colors decorate this very trendy setting. The space felt hip and fun. You want to stay and enjoy your food. You order at a counter, pick your place to sit and the wait staff delivers your food.

Who I Went With:
Best friend, Scott.

What I Ate:
White bean garlic cream soup.
Roast beef sandwich made with ciabatta bread, horseradish, Havarti & onion jam.
Diet Coke.

Would I Go Back:
In a second!

Worth the Price:
Totally.

Opinion:
After reading a glowing review on Be'Wiched Deli, I told Scott that this place needs to be part of my New Years Resolution. I love sandwiches and I was curious to see if Be'Wiched Deli lived up to the hype of the review.

"We use the freshest ingredients to create healthy food from scratch using local, natural and sustainable food whenever possible." This is a quote from the Be'Wiched Deli website. After tasting the food, I know just how truthful this statement is.

The food definitely lived up to the review. I'm not a huge fan of a heavy garlic flavor. I almost didn't order the soup because of that. But, this year is about trying new things so I thought, "Why not?" The soup was not overwhelming in garlic flavor. It was very creamy and good.

The roast beef sandwich was one of the best I've ever tasted. It quickly made me forget all about the other sandwich shops out there. I can't even remember their names. The sandwich flavors were so full and so fresh. The onion jam was such a unique touch. I tried to eat slower so I could enjoy it as long as possible.

I for sure am heading back to Be'Wiched Deli. The roast beef sandwich was so tasty that I hope I have enough strength to try a different one!

1 comment:

Mommy With a Penis said...

Where do I get one of these sandwiches? It's time for lunch. Michael, I changed my blog address. It's mommywithapenis.blogspot.com.

Thanks for your visits.
Hutch