Friday, January 16, 2009

Great Dragon: Food Review 1 of 52


As part of my New Year's Resolution to try 52 new restaurants, diners, coffee shops and bakeries during 2009, I present the following review:

Place:
Great Dragon.

Location:
1916 Chicago South
Minneapolis, MN 55404

Theme:
Chinese Food.

Decor:
If you are looking for a great interior, this place won't be it. Get the take out.

What I Ate:
Beef lo mein, cream cheese wantons and egg drop soup.

Would I Go Back:
I would for take out.

Worth the Price:
Yes.

Opinion:
The Golden Dragon is a small restaurant located in a strip mall. I went there with Anthony. We were picking up food before watching The Golden Globes. The interior isn't much. Very narrow space. Three hard plastic booths on each side of the restaurant with a small walkway between them to get to the order counter. Formica counter top, cold white tiles on the floor. The place needs a make over. The interior went out of style long ago.

When we walked in I turned to Anthony and asked, "Are you sure about this?"

"Trust me, Michael. Trust me," he answered.

We placed our order and waited for our food to be stacked into a brown paper bag and a few fortune cookies to be thrown on top.

After driving back to Anthony's, we set up our food on his coffee table and prepared to watch The Golden Globes.

The food was amazing. Their beef lo mein was incredible. This dish is one of my favorites and I've had it at many places. The Golden Dragon did not disappoint. And what's not to be loved about cream cheese wrapped in dough and then deep fried.

I learned that I have to trust Anthony.

At least in this case.

2 comments:

Kenneth Fron said...

Hi, Michael. Very nice review. You made us feel like we were actually there! I use to love a show on cable (Food Network) called: Restaurant Makeover and you made me smile, thinking about that show. So, 1 down and 51 to go??? You do have a gym membership, right? LOL!

Michael Rivers said...

Hi Ken,
Glad you liked the review. There are going to be many more. HAHA. Yes, I do have a gym membership. Thank goodness. I need to make sure I also get to the gym. Not just all these wonderful new places to eat!