Monday, February 9, 2009

Hell's Kitchen: Food Review 4 of 52




As part of my New Year's Resolution to try 52 new restaurants, diners, coffee shops and bakeries during 2009, I present the following review:

Place:
Hell's Kitchen.

Location:
80 S. 9th Street
Minneapolis, MN

Theme:
From the Hell's Kitchen website: In the heart of downtown Minneapolis, appropriately located in a beautiful underground space, you'll discover Hell's Kitchen, a chef-owned restaurant known for its damn good food. Almost everything is made from scratch, from our award-winning peanut butter to even homemade ketchup... winning us over 67 "best" awards in the 7 years we've been open.

Decor:












Who I Went With:
Anthony, my fellow awards ceremony blogger.

What We Ate:
Anthony: Jamaican Jerk Burger - A hot & sweet charbroiled bison burger rubbed with spicy Jamaican jerk seasonings, then topped with grilled golden pineapple and habanero Pepperjack cheese. French Fries. Diet Coke.

Michael: Ham and Pear Crisp Sandwich -ham, poached pears, melted Swiss and Fontina cheese on spicy-sweet buttered grilled sourdough bread. Sweet potato fries. Diet Coke.



Would I Go Back:
Yes!

Worth the Price:
Yes! The price is worth seeing the great decor, fun art and the change-before-your-eyes pictures hanging in the men's room!






Opinion: While we were eating, Anthony said it best. "This is disturbingly delicious."

7 comments:

Carrie said...

That's awesome art on the wall. Do you have any word on whether or not the wait is long in the new space? I always waited forever at the old location, but didn't mind so much because of the little bookshop around the corner.

Michael Rivers said...

The art is very cool! It's worth going just to take a peak. The space is very large so it's fun to walk around and look. My first attempt at going was a Sunday around noon. There was a 30 minute wait and we didn't have time. So we went back this past Saturday around 4:45 and there was no wait. By the time we left, it was getting busy. So go early! That way you can look around and not bother other people. haha

HalfCrazy said...

Wow this place is kind of eery but it still seems like it's a very pleasant fine dining restaurant!

Good luck on your 52 diners thing. It's easy to attain that. You should have tried a hundred! :P

Much Love,

HalfCrazy said...

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I replied to you there too! :P Well I think you should put a primary photo so I can have your awesome face under my 'Followers' lol. I renamed it and put 'People who rock. Hard.' instead lol.

Much Love,

HalfCrazy said...

I am actually waiting on your next Food review! I did the same with friends a year ago. Trying different things then rating them. Warning people if it's bad so they'll stay away from it LOL!

Much Love,

simply naughty said...

Hey! Love hearing about your adventures to new culinary environments. I, too, would like to try 52 new things a year, but not necessarily in the kitchen!!

Michael Rivers said...

Hello Simply Naughty,

That's a great idea. Trying 52 things not in the kitchen. I guess I know what I can blog about in 2010. HAHA