Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hosting the Red Carpet

I had a great time hosting the Red Carpet for the Aegis Foundation Academy Award Fundraiser. Many celebrities were bidding on this job. I won't name drop (Joan Rivers, Kathy Griffin, Star Jones, Barbara Walters and Mary Hart) but trust me many people wanted their feet planted on the plush Red Carpet. But the Aegis Foundation said, "Get us Mr. Rivers!"

As I was working the Red Carpet, I threw my camera to Anthony (who helped produce the spot) and said, "This must be documented!"

Below are some photos of guests arriving at The Hotel Minneapolis. They were all anxious to talk with me and they waited patiently for their turn. For awhile I thought we would have to alert Hollywood to delay the start of the Oscars. I wanted to be sure everyone had their moment in the Aegis Spotlight next to me. The Aegis Red Carpet was THE place to be seen.

See you next year!

Discussing who would win the Best Picture Oscar.




I held a lot of purses and programs for ladies who wanted to really strike a pose for the cameras. I didn't get one tip. Can you believe it?



Stepping aside as guests decide who is going to stand where.




It was great to see families attending the event.




Giving instructions on where to look for the official photo.




Holding more purses and programs as these ladies gave their best Red Carpet Pose! Still no tip.




I had to channel Joan Rivers for a moment and ask, "Who designed your kilt?"

12 comments:

Kenneth Fron said...

Michael, OMG! You are truly amazing! What a great gig you had. FUN!

Kathleen (Canada) said...

Looks like fun. I watched the Oscars from the Caribbean. No red carpet there, just sand.

Michael Rivers said...

Hi Kenneth,

It was a fun event! We had a great time. I can't wait for next year. Hope you are well! Michael

Mallory G. said...

Again I am stunned! You do such great work....

Michael Rivers said...

Thanks, Mallory. It was very fun to host the Red Carpet!

Vince B. (NYC) said...

Hi there. Great Red Carpet photos! But holding peoples things while their pics are being taken??? You're better than that, Michael! HAHA

Michael Rivers said...

Hi Vince!!

I know, can you believe how many purses I had to hold?! And NO TIP. What gives? Would Joan Rivers do that? Would Star Jones do that? Would Kathy Griffin do that? No. I guess I'm just a kinder Red Carpet Host!

Kathy H. (Minneapolis, MN) said...

Cool, Michael! Once again, I'm amazed by you.

Ryan M. (Phoenix, AZ) said...

Very nice pics. Looked like a lot of fun. I think they should have you and I do the red carpet together. A Joan and Melissa tribute.

Michael Rivers said...

Hi Ryan,
We should TOTALLY host the Red Carpet next year!! We would do a great job. I'll start working on William right now! How big of a contract do you want?

Karen C. (Minneapolis) said...

Great photos! You make a nice coat/purse/program holder! LOL!

Michael Rivers said...

Hi Karen,

Yes, I did get a lot of practice as a coat/purse holder. Who knew I would do so well!?