Friday, February 20, 2009

Oscar Predictions Part Three



The final installment of Anthony and Michael's Oscar Predictions 2009:

Best Supporting Actor
Josh Brolin in Milk
Robert Downey Jr. in Tropic Thunder
Philip Seymour Hoffman in Doubt
Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight
Michael Shannon in Revolutionary Road

Michael: I think everyone is expecting Heath Ledger. If he doesn't win, it will be the biggest upset of the evening. No question.

Anthony: Heath, for the win. But wouldn't mind seeing Brolin or Downey take the prize.

Best Supporting Actress
Amy Adams in Doubt
Penélope Cruz in Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Viola Davis in Doubt
Taraji P. Henson in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Marisa Tomei in The Wrestler

Michael: I didn't think Amy Adams' performance was an Oscar one. I was surprised at the nomination. It's between Penelope Cruz and Viola Davis. I loved Penelope so I will pick her.

Anthony: Even though Adams was good, she is the weak spot of this category. I thought all other performances were great. But Cruz seemed irreplaceable in Vicky Cristina so I'll go with her as well.

Best Actor
Richard Jenkins in The Visitor
Frank Langella in Frost/Nixon
Sean Penn in Milk
Brad Pitt in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Mickey Rourke in The Wrestler

Michael: It will be Sean Penn or Mickey Rourke. I will go with Mickey as he is getting so many wins.

Anthony: I agree, it'll be between those two. Sean Penn is a slight favorite but I just feel Rourke will win this one.

Best Actress
Anne Hathaway in Rachel Getting Married
Angelina Jolie in Changeling
Melissa Leo in Frozen River
Meryl Streep in Doubt
Kate Winslet in The Reader

Michael: It's between Meryl Streep and Kate Winslet. They've both won awards for these performances. I'll pick Kate. Voters might finally give her the award.

Anthony: Kate Winslet seems to have the momentum. Even though her performance was better in Revolutionary Road, she'll win with The Reader.

Achievement in Directing
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Frost/Nixon
Milk
The Reader
Slumdog Millionaire


Michael: Slumdog Millionaire.

Anthony: Danny Boyle with Slumdog Millionaire.

Best Motion Picture
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Frost/Nixon
Milk
The Reader
Slumdog Millionaire


Michael: Slumdog Millionaire.

Anthony: Slumdog Millionaire.

1 comment:

HalfCrazy said...

Really cool blog, I'm all for Penelope Cruz winning Best Supporting Actress too! She was too... great! I want to see more of her movies.

I'm also all for Slumdog Millionaire winning the Best Motion Picture! It's too epic for words.

Much Love,