Thursday, February 19, 2009

Oscar Predictions Part Two



Part Two of Anthony and Michael's Oscar Predictions 2009:

Achievement in Costume Design
Australia
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
The Duchess
Milk
Revolutionary Road


Michael: At first I thought The Duchess. But I'm picking Revolutionary Road.

Anthony: I think Revolutionary Road will be overlooked. It seems it should be between Milk or The Duchess so I'll go with the latter, slightly. The CDG awards presented on the 17th should give us more insight.

Best Original Score
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Defiance
Milk
Slumdog Millionaire
WALL-E


Michael: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Anthony: This one is probably between Slumdog and Button. Slumdog was most memorable for me so I'll go with that.

Achievement in Visual Effects
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
The Dark Knight
Iron Man


Michael: Iron Man.

Anthony: Benjamin Button.

Adapted Screenplay
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Doubt
Frost/Nixon
The Reader
Slumdog Millionaire


Michael: Slumdog has been getting so much attention, but I'm picking Doubt.

Anthony: This one seems to be between Slumdog and Doubt. This category could break up Slumdogs potential sweep, but I think it's doubtful. Slumdog for the win.

Original Screenplay
Frozen River
Happy-Go-Lucky
In Bruges
Milk
WALL-E


Michael: I loved In Bruges but I'm not sure the movie was big enough to get this award. I'll go with Milk.

Anthony: Milk is a movie that requires a win on Oscar Night, and I think this will be the category.

Best Animated Feature
Bolt
Kung Fu Panda
WALL-E


Michael: WALL-E

Anthony: WALL-E

No comments: