Monday, March 9, 2009

My Day with Joan Rivers: Part One

The Joan Rivers Event was a great success! I was lucky enough to spend the day behind-the-scenes. When QVC offered me the chance, of course I said yes. Did I want to hang out with Joan and the crew for 10 hours? Sure!

Joan arrived at the Mall of America at 6:45am. My day started at 8am when I found myself with Joan, standing in line at Starbucks. The mall wasn't open, so things were quiet. I started chatting with her right away. I was not going to let any minute go wasted.

Then I watched as she effortlessly did TV interviews, newspaper interviews, talked with her assistants, made finishing touches to the Everything Joan Boutique, approved models for the upcoming fashion show and reviewed the day's schedule.

While Joan was busy, I borrowed two promotional cutouts and created a Joan Sandwich! I was hoping to get these cutouts into my car trunk. But I was unsuccessful. So far.



Before the grand opening of the Everything Joan Boutique, Joan met with the QVC @ The Mall employees. She gave a pep talk for the day, answered questions and posed for pictures.









Joan and my great friend, Valerie.



The Faberge inspired box that Joan gave to everyone working the event.





Joan and the QVC @ The Mall employees (I had to sneak in as well).



Joan and I taking a photo to send to our friend, Marcia. "Hi, Marcia! Good luck in your new home! Joan and I will visit soon!"




Joan Rivers

QVC

16 comments:

Cioara Andrei said...

Foarte interesat subiectul postat de tine, m-am uitat pe blogul tau si imi place ce am vazu am sa mai revin cu siguranta.
O zi buna!

Anne B. said...

Terrific! Tantalizing! Wonderful, wonderful pics – I feel like I was there (sniffle sniffle). Joan’s hair looks much nicer slightly turned under instead of sticking out like it has been. She was in her element for sure. As were you! Thanks again for a divine start to the blog of all blogs.

Michael Rivers said...

Thanks Anne! It was a great day. I thought of you often! Next time you have to come too!

Alice B. said...

You look like you were having a great time. I hope Joan appreciated your great personality.

HalfCrazy said...

Yay, looks like you had a lot of fun and got to spend loads of time with Joan Rivers!

I like the souvenir thing!

Terry said...

It looks great & I enjoyed reading/re-reading it & reliving a few memories of my own. Take care & thanks for staying in touch!
Always, Terry

Tom M. said...

Thanks for sharing the blog and can't wait to read the rest of the ones.

Scott C. said...

This is awesome!!

Gene said...

I read your blog on Joan this morning. Very good. Nice pictures!

Gaylene (Chicago) said...

Hey Michael......great blog......photos are wonderful........now you must must MUST purchase that blue “bumble bee” pin and put it on that shirt..........it will be a sensation.......

Michael Rivers said...

Hi Gaylene,

I really should get that blue bee pin, shouldn't I! It did match my shirt so well!! When am I coming to Chicago?

Liverbirdy08 said...

Loved the blog. Keep us informed in the adventures of Joan. Shes one busy lady. Great Job

Michael Rivers said...

Hi Liverbirdy08,

Glad you liked the blog! Stay tuned for more from the Joan Event. It was a big day and I'll be blogging about it all!

Kenneth Fron said...

Hi, Michael! I loved part ONE. The Faberge inspired item would look great in my curio! LOL!

Michael Rivers said...

Hi Ken,

If my Faberege box goes missing-I'll know to look at your place! haha.

Moni said...

Very cool! I love Joan Rivers!