Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Day with Joan Rivers: Part Two


The grand opening of the Everything Joan Boutique started the guest's morning at the Joan Rivers Weekend. The boutique is located right outside the QVC @ The Mall store in the Mall of America.

Open until the end of March, the boutique showcases a variety of the jewelry and accessories Joan designs for QVC. The shop is beautiful. Joan's products fill all four sides.

A small sampling of pictures . . .





If the poster in this picture goes missing, I know nothing!



Joan talks with customers through a flat screen TV.



Joan's watches are very popular. She creates a variety of designs, shapes and colors!



Joan can't be at the boutique all the time, so this cutout stands in for her!



Spring is coming. Color, color, color!



After the grand opening of the Everything Joan Boutique, Joan gets ready to go work behind the counter.



Customers loved being helped by Joan. And Joan loved showing her products to the customers. The passion and excitment she has for her line was obvious. After 18 years on QVC, it's clear that QVC customers share her excitment and passion!






If you can't make it to the Everything Joan Boutique, check out Joan's product listings on QVC.com.

19 comments:

Kathleen said...

So what did you buy me?

Ann B. said...

Loving the blog.... can't wait to hear about the cocktail/dinner party! You are truly a talented writer. How's "our" book coming.
I am available for research and tech support.

Michael Rivers said...

Thanks Ann! Glad you are enjoying the blog. A few more Joan entries are coming. Then I will get back to the book!

Mallory said...

I would love to check it out!

Michael Rivers said...

Hi Mallory,

For sure check out the boutique. They did a great job on it!

Tom M. (Minneapolis) said...

You have done it again! Fantastic! Can't wait for the next one.

Michael Rivers said...

Thanks Tom! Remind me to tell you about Joan and me talking about the eggs and holiday ornaments!

William said...

AWESOME!!!!!!! I love it!!

Valerie C. said...

I just read your blog and I discovered I was on it!!!! Thanks!!!! Anyway, you had 2 great Joan blog entries. Your entries captured the essence of how everyone loved meeting Joan, showcased the kiosk EXCELLENTLY, showed the excitement of the day, etc. Your pictures were great! Wonderful read.

Michael Rivers said...

Hi Valerie,

Of course you made the blog! I had to include your photo with Joan! I'm glad you got to show her some of your jewelry collection! It was a great day!

Michele C. said...

This is great. Nice pics of the boutique! Can't wait to see the next blogs!

Terry S. said...

The blog looks great!

Lori T. (Arizona) said...

This is awesome!!

HalfCrazy said...

I like the colors of those watches, even from a distance! And hey, it wouldn't hurt to take home one of them posters, right? Haha!

Anne B. said...

The boutique is to die for -- it would definitely kill my wallet. When I think of the gazillions of Joan's things I've bought during her QVC shows and off the web, I can't imagine what I'd do if SHE were the salesperson! Great, great blog -- the ultimate serial!

Laura said...

This series is turning out great! I can't wait to hear about the rest of the day. But darn you for the pictures of the watches, you almost have me wanting to get one! lol.

Tina B. said...

This was very interesting. I love how you capture the moment and portray the excitement you truly are experiencing!

Kenneth Fron said...

This was a HUGE event! I like how you also give the QVC.com link to still shop for JOAN if you can't get to Mall of America!

Michael Rivers said...

Let me know what all you end up buying. She has very tempting stuff!