Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Barbra Streisand Concert DVD Set: Coming Soon



I was thrilled to read that the 2006 Barbra Streisand tour is finally being released on DVD (April 29, 2009)! I've been patiently waiting for this DVD because I attended two concerts during this tour.

I never thought I'd see Streisand in concert. When she rang in the year 2000 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, I wanted to be there so badly. But it didn't happen. I didn't think she'd ever tour again. She didn't think she'd ever tour again.

Then in 2006 she announced her first North American tour in over a decade. There was no way I was going to miss it. When the tour dates were announced, she did not have a date scheduled in Minneapolis but she did have a show in Atlanta. My friend Steve lives in Atlanta so I bought a ticket to the show. Streisand and Steve all in one weekend.

A few weeks after the initial dates were announced, she added more shows and Minneapolis was one of them. Well, I couldn't have Barbra Streisand perform in the city where I live and not go! So I bought tickets for that show as well.

A concert I never thought I'd see, I ended up seeing twice. And only a few days apart. The concert, as expected, was wonderful. Total Streisand.

I anxiously waited for it to be released on DVD but it never was. Her previous two concerts were released: The Concert (1994) and Timeless (2000). It seemed odd that she would not release this tour.

Now the time has come. According to Streisand's site, the DVD release is "a chance to get front row seats to the very best of Barbra Streisand captured in Streisand - The Concerts, a brand new Deluxe 3-Disc DVD Set showcasing some of her most memorable concerts…ever."

I'm sure Streisand will not disappoint!

2 comments:

Ryan Thomas said...

In Barbra's concert videos, do the cameras only shoot her from the one angle the entire time? I know she is very particular about that. I remember when she was on the Rosie O'Donnell show they actually flipped the set so her good side would show. How and why I remember that, I don't know.

Chrissy said...

WOW!! Two shows? I would give anything to see ONE.