Friday, June 19, 2009

The Kids of Judy Garland Trilogy Part Two


This is part two of my quest to see Judy Garland's three children. I had already met Joe Luft in 2007 and 2008. His sisters, Liza Minnelli and Lorna Luft were next on my list. In September of 2008, Liza went on tour and she appeared in Minneapolis. My friend Ryan flew in from Phoenix, AZ, to attend the sold out concert with me.

Liza was phenomenal. She sang. She danced. She told stories. She told jokes. She was everything you'd want from a legend in concert. Her show was very old school, very high class and very professional. The lighting, sound, song selection and choreography went above what we expected. The sold out crowd was in a state of constant cheers and applause.


After the show I predicted Liza would take the show to Broadway. It was that good. I was right. In December of 2008, Liza returned to Broadway after almost a decade. Her show was called Liza's at the Palace and it just won a Tony Award. I told you the show was good.

Now I've seen two of Judy Garland's children.

Once again, I found myself down to one to complete a trilogy.

Lorna Luft, you are mine!




1 comment:

RAD said...

Love Liza....lucky dawg! Lorna Luft wathc out ! he he he!