Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Diet Coke on Vacation

Diet Coke is my favorite thing to drink. I love it. I didn't try expanding my taste buds while I was on the cruise.

In this picture I'm holding the Bottomless Soda Cup. For $50 you got a cup and for eight days you could fill it as many times as you wanted. A can of soda was $1.75 (plus 18% tip) so I easily got my $50 worth.


I went all the way to Cabo San Lucas for a Diet Coke. During the walking tour we stopped for a soda break and I knew what I had to order.


Holding a Coca Cola Light in Mazatlan. In America it's called Diet Coke. But I had to learn to order Coca Cola Light while on vacation.




10 comments:

behrmark said...

Wow that's a lot of soda. I hope they had plenty of urinals! LOL! And you look adorable in front of the aquarium!

Steven said...

It's called Coca Cola Light in Europe, too. I have cans from Germany, France, Iceland and The Netherlands. I also have a diet Pepsi can from China, which I got on a plane flying from Chicago to Amsterdam.

Wonder Man said...

I hope you had fun

Mark in DE said...

I enjoy Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi too, but I resent that Cruise ships charge you for it. It literally costs them cents per glass, but they charge you $1.75 for a can, or $50. for unlimited refills. I was about to call it highway robbery, but that's just not accurate, is it? More like maritime robbery!

Doug Goff said...

So do they call Bud Light "Bud Diet"?

mistress maddie said...

I friend of mine said he can't tell a difference between diet coke and regular coke, but I can. I like coke more. The diet has a strange after taste. Great picture of you holding the can there. You can be the new spokesmodel for them!

kbnky said...

AMEN to that. I LOVE my Coke.

I do the same thing on cruises.

Sam said...

WOW! $50 You didn't try to rent out the cup?

Miss Ginger Grant said...

I used to love Diet Coke but now my new love is Coke Zero. It tastes much more like regular Coke!

A Lewis said...

I'm always amazed that it's Coke LITE in nearly every country on earth except right here. As for drinking $50 worth....wow. That sounds like quite a lot! I'd float away.....