Monday, August 10, 2009

The Fabulous Las Vegas Sign

Welcome to sunny--well, cloudy--Las Vegas!

Vegas gets three cloudy days a year and I was there for all three! But Ryan and I still had a nice time and I finally got a photo in front of the famous Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign.

I've always wanted a picture with the sign (as any true tourist does). But I didn't know where it was. I assumed it was on the outskirts of the city. Little did I know how close I was to it during all my visits to Vegas.

As the shuttle took us from the airport to Mandalay Bay, we drove past the sign. It's only a few blocks south of the hotel. I couldn't believe it. It's been that close all this time?

On our last night in Vegas we made our way to the sign and I finally got my photo.

Viva Las Vegas!

13 comments:

Thaddeus L. Works. said...

Micheal, You are cute. Thank you for your comment on my blog.

Doug Goff said...

Dude that's awesome! I got married in Vegas and paid my photographer 100 bucks to drive us there and take our pictures. While we were there we got flashed by a limo full of women at a bachelorette party, it was classic Vegas!!

Eric Arvin said...

Awe. Sweet pic!

Wonder Man said...

Vegas is a small town. I remember being shocked about the size

John said...

That's a great picture! I wish it would've been cloudy last Fall, when I was there! I don't know why I never had my picture under that sign, but I should do it. It's just amatter of time until it's replaced.

Mambam said...

Our version of Las Vegas here in the UK is Called Blackpool.
It's slightly more down market compared to yours. If you stood under our sign you would probably get run over and a limo passing full of men taking a wizz out the window would be more the norm.
I think i prefer yours better.

Mitzi said...

I have bittersweet memories of Vegas. We were robbed - twice! The first time it happened we had gone for a dip in the pool and when we returned to the sunloungers everything had vanished including the towels. Imagine traipsing through the lounge at the flamingo Hilton dressed only in skimpy swimming trunks they probably thought we were the cabaret, some exotic dance act from Brazil. The second time was just carelessness I'd left my watch in the bathroom and the maid must have swiped it.

Ray's Cowboy said...

I love visiting Las vagas. I thinkif I lived there I would be broke until I got use to the town. My Uncle and his Partner lives right outside of town.
Nice place.
Hugs
Ray

A Lewis said...

Did you leave any of your $$$ in the slot machines?

Allen said...

I have never ever been to Las Vegas.

That is a good picture of you two btw.

It looks as though you two had fun!

kylerklnh said...

Nice photo Michael. Glad you had an awesome time in cloudy Las Vegas.

Christopher said...

What a Handsome couple!

Laura said...

Great photo! But I am losing track of how many Aeropostale shirts you guys are sporting.

Get them to sponsor your next trip.