Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Panda Express Cup


After my friend Ryan and I got our photo taken in front of the famous Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign, we stopped into Panda Express for dinner.

As I was working my way through the two-item combo, I reached for my soda and for the first time looked at the cup.

Let me be clear: my mind doesn't always goes immediately to the gutter. But, when I saw the design of the cup, I did not think, "I love . . . chicken."

What I did think was, "I love . . . . um . . . male chickens."

I held up the cup and asked Ryan, "Did you see this?" He glanced at the cup and then spit a mouthful of rice across the table. I guess he interpreted it in the same way.

Anyone who has ever been part of a marketing or advertising team knows that this design went through 83 meetings and required the approval of 147 people.

Didn't anyone ever say, "You know, this could be taken a couple different ways?" To prove my point, check out this poster I also saw in Vegas. Similar, huh?

Doesn't Panda Express have at least one perverted person working on their team?

17 comments:

Kate said...

Awesome! That is one filthy panda :) I have a couple of aunts who have a thing for decorative roosters... and it always leads to a good deal of very fun innuendo

A Lewis said...

Umm...chicken. Male chicken. Hum.......

RAD said...

kind of a cute cup huh? Dont we all like a young chicken? :-)

Dan said...

Dirty Bear!

I am headed your may in November, would be nice to meet for a drink or ten!
Dan

Meeko Fabulous said...

Oh my gosh! This gave me the best laugh ever! I hope you don't mind if I follow along. :) Cheers!

Doug Goff said...

HAHA that's classic! I think I'm gonna hit the Panda Express close by for lunch to see if they have the same cups. Oh and you never know, PE may have someone on their marketing team who decided to pull a little joke and it got passed!

Allen said...

Does that make you a chicken hawk? hehe, JK. I saw the cup and thought the same thing as you. hehe. NIce find.

Anonymous said...

Scared me for a moment that you were going to try passing PE off as one of your 52.

That cup was so done on purpose to get you talking.

Mattie

Paul Benjamin said...

Why do I feel like this was done intentionally..You know, get people like you blogging about it...making others want to go there to see for themselves...

It's GENIUS! :)

Gay Guy said...

I guess there were no gay men in the focus group.

It's hilarious anyway. I need one of the cups to preserve for history.

Mike, Studio city said...

I think I would like some diet cock please.

mistress maddie said...

I ain't buying it. I just think your mind is in the gutter!

Ray's Cowboy said...

Nicely done and very cute.
Ray

Gummi Bare said...

"I love Orange Chicken"



you are such a perv.

brownboysam said...

Well, hell. I thought of a chicken. What's wrong with me?

Miss Ginger Grant said...

I PROMISE they did that on purpose as a VERY coy marketing move! And honey, you really should charge Aeropostale for all the advertising you give them!

Laura said...

Too funny!

I agree with Miss Ginger Grant, you should get paid for all that advertising! ;-)