Monday, September 14, 2009

$25.2 Million Eating at the MN State Fair



This year, people spent $25.2 million at the 300 MN State Fair food vendors! Where does a person even start with 300 choices?! Anthony and I have a list of favorite vendors that we visit each year. And then we add new places to the list.

The first stop was the Big Fat Bacon stand (photo above). Thick pieces of bacon are grilled and served on a stick.



Next up was our favorite non-dessert stand. The grilled corn-on-the-cob. The corn is grilled, dunked in butter and sprinkled with salt. How could it not taste good?





Next up was a chocolate mousse churro from French Meadow Bakery.



Anthony enjoys the churro.



Would it be a visit to a state fair without a deep fried candy bar?



Me getting ready to bite into the gooey sweetness of a deep fried Snickers.



Our favorite dessert stand. Nitro Ice Cream. It's truly the best ice cream I've tasted. It's flash frozen, dense and very creamy.



19 comments:

Larry Ohio said...

Deep fried Snickers? Is that for real?! I need to get out more.

Pics look great and looks like a fun day.

cb said...

I tried the deep fried snickers last year. It very nearly made me vomit.

FETE VIDAL said...

Hello from SPAIN!!

A Lewis said...

holy smokes....I need to get to the gym.

Michael Rivers said...

To Larry--Yes, the deep fried Snickers is for real. They are yummy!

To CB--I LOVE the deep fried Snickers. I eat one every year. LOL.

To Fete--Welcome. Tell Spain hello from Minneapolis.

behrmark said...

My favorite would be the bacon on a stick. They say you are what you eat so I guess I'm a pig. Oink!

Now I'm hungry. Thanks. ;)
Behr Hugs!

Steven Anthony said...

it all looked aand sounded so good. Memories of taste of chicago flooding my brain now.....hungry, so hungry.....must go eat now:)

Howard said...

Such a food-fest would be lost on me. I don't eat red meat or pork, nor do I eat chocolate. But for those who do, sounds like a great treat!

Meeko Fabulous said...

I can't wait to hit our county fair! I've got a couple of weeks before it ends. God I love fair food.

Doug Goff said...

WOW all that stuff looks sooooo good! I've had a deep friend Snickers before, OMG they are awesome!

Wonder Man said...

Deep fried Snickers... Wow!

Stan said...

I guess nobody here is counting calories like I have to! YIKES!

Writer said...

I think I just gained 20 pounds from this post!

Christopher said...

I just gained weight looking at all of those yummy pics!

mistress maddie said...

That's one hell of a lot of food! And you look like you are enjoying that deep fried snicker way to much! Is that in place of something else? LOL! I'm being naughty today, excuse me.

Sean said...

Sounds like a blast and can only imagine what you didn't tell us.

Where you able to get the Tru Blood? I couldn't, I may order it but am not as motivated now that the season is over.

Mitzi said...

A moment on the lips a life time on the hips, it's better in the bin than on the chin!

Miss Ginger Grant said...

Gurl... how do you stay so skinny? Based on your blog entries, you eat like a much healthier girl!

Sam said...

Yummy!!! Booking my trip for next year.