Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Wizard of Oz 70th Anniversary Event


The Wizard of Oz, my favorite movie of all time, has its 70th Anniversary this year. As part of a year long celebration, NCM Fathom, Warner Home Video and Turner Classic Movies will present in theaters The Wizard of Oz 70th Anniversary Hi-Def Event. This will be the first ever High Definition presentation of the film.

The one night event will take place in over 440 movie theatres nationwide on September 23rd at 7:00 p.m. (local time). This happens to be the day before my birthday so I am planning a movie night with friends. A great way to start my birthday festivities!

Tickets are available at the NCM Fathom webpage. Go experience this movie classic in a way that it never has been experienced before!

12 comments:

Larry Ohio said...

I think I would very much like to see this. It's one of my all-time favorite films.

David Dust said...

Damn! There are no showings in Manhattan - the closest is way out in Queens. Oh well...

Doug Goff said...

I love the Wizard of Oz! I'm so going! In my college days I probably would take some mood enhancing drugs before I went but unfortunately I'm a little too old for that now.

Allen said...

I love the Wizard of Oz! I will have to see it.

Thanks for the heads up!

Howard said...

Only one theater in my state, and not particularly close by. Damn!

Kyle said...

Ouch! The closest showings are 100 miles away for us. Well Michael at least you'll get to see it for your B-day celebration.

Wonder Man said...

I think I will see it if they do something like it in L.A.

Stan in NH said...

It's my favorite movie, too. And we won't be able to see it as it's not playing in a theater near me!
I will anxiously await your report on it. Have a happy birthday. Enjoy!

mistress maddie said...

I will have to look for listing in my area for the event, although I don't know who on this green earth I will go with since NO ONE i know liked the movie that much. I may have to go to see David on this one!

LENORENEVERMORE said...

Goodness, 70th already?!
When I was stll an 'innocent' child, I used to be so frightened by this movie! No 'somewhere over the rainbow' kinda feeling!! I'd like to visit The Smithsonians to view the actual ruby slippers one day...
ps: darling, your comment today made me laugh so loud, my dogs are looking at me funny! Thanks for being so witty~

xo*

MTaylor813 said...

My favorite movie of all time as well. There is no place like home.

Mitzi said...

To think if she was alive today Judy be about 86! Was there a hanging scene in this film? I seem to recall something about one of the munchkins committing suicide.