Friday, October 30, 2009

Grand Lux Cafe Food Review: 35 of 52



As part of my New Year's Resolution to try 52 new restaurants, diners, coffee shops and bakeries during 2009, I present the following review.

Place:
Grand Lux Cafe

Location:
Venetian Hotel
Las Vegas

Who I Went With:
Anne, Marvin, Ryan and I went for a late dinner after the Joan Rivers' show.



What I Ate:
We all had pasta dishes. And they were incredible. I had the Pasta Carbonara which the menu describes as a "classic Italian favorite." Spaghettini in a butter cream sauce with a touch of white wine, applewood smoked bacon, peas, garlic, romano and parmesan cheeses.



Would I Go Back:
Yes. The decor was beautiful and the food was wonderful, rich and very full of flavor. It was a great way to end our evening of entertainment.

Worth the Price:
Marvin and Anne were very sweet and treated us. Thanks again for a wonderful night!!

20 comments:

Doug Goff said...

Wow that looks really really good! Way better than the crappy McDonalds breakfast I have sitting in front of me.

Renee said...

It is only 9:23 and I am starving, looks good.

Love Renee xoxo

LENORENEVERMORE said...

Can definitely tell from the photo, it looks deliciousss...
~Greetings Michael darrrling!
xo*

The Daily Connoisseur said...

We have a Grand Lux Cafe in LA and I have never been- I'll have to go some time now that I've read your review... the pasta looks yummy!

Michael Guy said...

Lurve GRAND LUXE in Chicago! Always big portions, great burgers, fabulous fries...and generous desserts! I leave with a take-home bag every time.

Nummy nums for sure! :)

Meeko Fabulous said...

Ok Mr. Man . . . No fair . . . Is there anything I can do to talk you into posting these delicious pictures (oh and the food too) after lunch time?! My stomach is growling over here and lunch time is still three hours away!!!

Meeko Fabulous said...

btw, hope you have a great All Hallows Eve! :)

Sharon McPherson: AUTHOR / ARTIST said...

Sounds like you all had a good night - great show; great food; great company. Ahhhh ... I want your life!!! lol

Sweetpea, I don't think you ever needed or ever will have any need to be set up on a blind date. But if ever you do - spill the beans! lol

MJ said...

You had me at bacon.

Steven Anthony said...

god that looks ssssssssssssoooo good, and as always what a greaat smile u have;)

Mark in DE said...

Looks great!

Ray's Cowboy said...

looks yummy.
Ray

madtexter said...

Yum num nummy! That pasta looks deeeelish.

Jim said...

Thanks for the review! There is a Grand Lux Cafe in Dallas but I've never tried it... now I will when I'm in the mood for some great pasta!

Miss Ginger Grant said...

We have that here... it's the same company that owns Cheesecake Factory.... It's like Cheesecake Factory on steroids!

SteveA said...

I ate at the one in Fort Lauderdale.It was good as far as I remembered!

Bobbie's Babbles said...

You eat the way I wish I could. I don't remember the last time I had cream sauce on anything, or french fries with my burger [usually turkey or veggie if I eat a burger]. Dessert? hahahahah

Hampers said...

I have visited the place. The inside of the restaurant was very impressive, with beautiful tiled floors and ornate moldings. enjoyed the food at the Grand lux cafe

corvedacosta said...

Looks really good....from those pics....

the world is so open lol

Dean Grey said...

Mmmmmmmmm..........

I LOVE pasta dishes, Michael!

Your restaurant reviews always make me so hungry!

-Dean