Friday, October 9, 2009

Joan Rivers In Vegas: Pre-Show

Joan Rivers performed at the Wayne Brady Venetian Showroom. It is a great, intimate space. We had front-row-center tickets so we were only a few feet from the stage.

So close, that I was able to help Joan out. She was talking about one thing and then got sidetracked to another topic. She finished that topic and then asked, "Where was I before that?"

"Vagina's," I answered. (Hey, that's what she was talking about).

She looked at me, laughed, said "Thank you," and continued with the show.

Before the show I met Anne, my eBay friend! It was wonderful to meet as we've been emailing for almost two years.



Ryan, me, Anne and her husband Marvin before the show. Ryan flew in from Arizona. I came from Minnesota. Anne and Marvin came from Tennessee.

13 comments:

Larry Ohio said...

If you're not careful Joan might adopt you.

Sharon McPherson: AUTHOR / ARTIST said...

Great seats!!!!!

Sounds like a great night!

I think Larry Ohio is correct - you may soon be adopted, if not, at least employed ...

A Lewis said...

Reminds me of meeting Wayne Brady years ago on a flight. You guys have so much fun!

Bob said...

Mama Joan.

I like the sound of that!

Howard said...

I am thinking you should invite Joan to a DDBW, since you see her so often.

Jim said...

So... you helped Joan out by mentioning that you were eye level with her vagina?? [heehee]

Sounds like you had a great time.

Writer said...

OMG. You are so cute!

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Sounds like it was very fun! She was lucky you were astute enough to help her! xo

madtexter said...

I would've peed my pants if I were that close to Joan, let alone respond to her. (Although a couple martinis may have helped.)

(Talk about a vagina monologue)

Doug Goff said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! I've always wanted to go to that theater, maybe the next time I'm out in Vegas I will.

Oh and that's awesome you met your ebay friend. It's so cool how the internet brings people together who normally would never meet.

Meeko Fabulous said...

OMG . . . Did you watch the Joan Rivers roast? She is so hysterical! :)

Renee said...

I had to finally stop by because everytime I see your fantastic smile on Mad Texters blog, I think I'm going over there.

And anyone who loves Mad I know that I will be in good company.

Nice blog.

Renee xoxo

JennyMac said...

hahahaha...love the up close and personal with Joan.