Monday, October 26, 2009

Nascar Cafe: Food Review 34 of 52



As part of my New Year's Resolution to try 52 new restaurants, diners, coffee shops and bakeries during 2009, I present the following review.

Place:
Nascar Cafe

Location:
Sahara Hotel
Las Vegas

Who I Went With:
Ryan

What I Ate:
Cheeseburger and fries.



Would I Go Back:
Sure. I have no interest in the Nascar theme. I'm more of a Planet Hollywood Restaurant type of guy. But, the burger was incredible so that fact would get me back. If I was in Vegas, hungry for a burger and near the Sahara Hotel--this is where I would go.

Worth the Price:
Prices were great and the portions huge. I didn't eat half the fries. I had flown into Vegas after working all day so I was tired and hungry when I checked into the hotel. I didn't feel like walking around the strip to find something to eat. I stayed at the Sahara and decided to give this a shot. I'm glad I did.

19 comments:

Doug Goff said...

You mean to tell me you're not into NASCAR? What do you have something against fat, smelly, redneck drunks watching cars go round and round a freaking circle for six hours?

lol I can't stand NASCAR! But the food looks good!

Renee said...

Who would have ever known that you and I were a couple of angels.

xoxoxo

Sean said...

That looks like enough fries for 4 people.

cb said...

I would only go to that restaurant if the burger came with a fresh side of Kasey Kahne sauce!

And some Bobby Labonte for dessert.

Stan said...

talk about super size! Look at all those fries. I would have taken the rest to go.
Love your comment Doug! LOL!

The Daily Connoisseur said...

lol! Nascar Cafe sounds like my worst nightmare... but those fries look so good!!

Jan said...

Look like the curliest fries ever !

Geoff said...

Good to know the food offset the theme lol. Now I'm hungry for a burger and fries....there goes the diet! (I think your food review mission is awesome btw!)

Wonder Man said...

I would have to go to the gym right afterwards

Laura said...

If I don't tell Greg about this one, I can avoid it when we hit Vegas. lol.

BUT, some of those Nascar guys are hot!

mistress maddie said...

I guess I could eat there if I had too. And if there were some hot bumpkins eating there I would have no problem!

madtexter said...

The NASCAR Cafe? Really, Michael. Be careful, you may get your g-card revoked if people find out!

Ha!

LORDPATRICK said...

Don't think we have NASCAR in Australia! But that would sure blow my diet. But then there are other ways to blow or get blown aren't there?

Miss Ginger Grant said...

NASCAR is gross but most of the drivers are CUTE!! Jeff Gordon?! He could dress my burger any day!

JOHN said...

wow the food looks great.Vegas is an exciting place to be

Mark in DE said...

OMG, those curly fries look terrific!

J@v@JuNKo said...

your poor arteries...but it looks worth it!! yum!

Dean Grey said...

Michael!

My God, that is a shit-load of fries!

It looks delicious!!

-Dean

Jules said...

Being from the Midwest, that would make me NOT go into a NASCAR Cafe..... Those fans are a little over the top!!