Monday, November 30, 2009

Jackson's: Food Review 41 of 52




As part of my New Year's Resolution to try 52 new restaurants, diners, coffee shops and bakeries during 2009, I present the following review.

Place
Jackson's Coffee and Gelato

Location

822 W Lake Street
Minneapolis, MN

Who I Went With
Scott

What I Ate
Almond Gelato and coffee.



Would I Go Back
Yes. In fact, I've already been back. Jackson's recently took over this space and did a complete remodel. I'm very impressed with the results. They created a great atmosphere, they have a very friendly staff and they serve a wonderful selection of Gelato that changes daily.

Worth the Price
Yes.

17 comments:

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

Michael , loved your review!! It sounds like a great place!
Loved the photos, too.
I enjoyed you post.
Thanks.
Hope you have a happy start to the Christmas season!.
:)

MJ said...

Somehow my entire summer passed by without gelato.

Sad.

Renee said...

I'm glad you like Nadalene's name. xoxoxo

Doug Goff said...

I'll take two of those gelatos and about three cups of coffee, send it right over!

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Almond gelato... yummy!

Jan said...

That was a light bite for you Michael!
I'm off to check the fridge.

Wonder Man said...

looks cute

Mitzi said...

Gelato on the lips a lifetime on the hips. I had the most amazing ice-cream on the Isle of Wight earlier this year. Lime flavoured ice-cream with dark chocolate chips. The sour of the lime followed by the sweetness of the chocolate sent my senses reeling and I'm afraid I came twice whilst eating it in the street!

Kyle said...

Michael, looks like a nice place to have a coffee and relax.

Steven Anthony said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds devine....like the look og the place too;) awesome

Ed Kohler said...

I've been hearing a lot of good things about this place and you've done nothing but reinforce it. Great, now I'm going to have to check it out for sure. See what you've done with your positivity?

Kenneth Fron said...

Beautiful photography! Loved the review!

LORDPATRICK said...

Looks great!

Pleased that you are continuing to eat your way through USA!

Brittany said...

Wow your getting an early start on those resolutions! I am an Ocd list maker, I have written a resoltuion every year since I was seven! Can't wait to see the rest of your resolutions!

J@v@JuNKo said...

yummaaaaay!! 2 of my favorite loves, now if you combine them together...well i'm sure you know what happens ;)

Michael Guy said...

Someone say "gelato?" Where's the sign up sheet!?

Nummy nums!

Howard said...

Almond Gelato sounds delightful!