Monday, November 2, 2009

Michael Rivers Appears on Lori & Julia, Again


"Lori and Julia are talking about you," Valerie said when I answered my phone.

"What?" I asked.

"Lori and Julia are talking about you. Joan Rivers was just on their radio show and after her interview they started to talk about you. They want you to call in if you are listening."

Last February I was on Lori and Julia's Show to talk about Joan's upcoming appearance at the Mall of America. This Wednesday Joan is performing in Minneapolis so she appeared on their show for promotion.

After the interview, Lori and Julia started to talk about me and wondered if I was going to see Joan this week. What good memories ladies! I'm glad I made such a favorable impression on you.

I called into the show and when they answered I said, "This is Michael Rivers. I hear you are looking for me." We talked a few moments about Joan's upcoming show. It was a fun and unexpected.

Lori and Julia, I'll be a guest anytime you like!

23 comments:

Tom (Minneapolis) said...

Wow that is great! Have fun at the show and I am sure that we will be able to read all about it on your blog!

Laura said...

uh oh, You're making a name for yourself. ;-)

Have fun at her show!

Anne B said...

OMG -- even the media knows that you're Joan's #1 fan! Kudos!

Eric Arvin said...

Fun!

Steven Anthony said...

yes they would remember you...who could forget a smile like yours;) cant wait to read all about the show on your blog;)

Stephen said...

& I thought I was a publicity whore!
Congrats.
You give good interview.

Jan said...

So you'll be seeing Joan soon?
Looking forward to reading about it !

Ray's Cowboy said...

congrats, just wished I was listening so I could hear your voice. I am glad and happy fo ryou.
Ray

Doug Goff said...

That's awesome man! Did you encourage them to visit your blog? Nothing like some FREE publicity!

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Look at you! That means you are unforgettable... a very good thing to be :)

mistress maddie said...

I swear, you will be Joan sidekick yet! And I will be your assistant. That sound s like a plan! LOL. That is really cool.

Meeko Fabulous said...

Ooooh a celebrity . . . ;) Can I talk you into being my guest? :)

Dean Grey said...

Michael!

How neat!

But how exactly do you know Lori and Julia? How did they hear about you to begin with?

Just curious!

-Dean

David Dust said...

VERY cool!

XOXOXOXO

William said...

YES!! I love it!! Do people know you are just like Joan on the Red Carpet! WOOP WOOP! Try to bring Joan on March! hahaha
xoxoxox
w-

SteveA said...

Congrats!

madtexter said...

You are a STAR! You ARE! That would be fun to call into a radio station and chat. (But they may regret some of the things I say. They'd definitely have to pre-record me or put me on some kind of time-delay because I would go OFF on the subject matter at hand (assuming I knew anything about it). HA!

MJ said...

I'm wearing a big sign that says "Kick Me" for missing her Canadian appearance last week.

Geoff said...

How cool and fun is THAT? Yay for you!

Deep Dish said...

You and Joan should have your own radio show! I'd tune in!

Renee said...

You are too funny.

xoxo

Writer said...

So...when are you going to right a Joan Rivers biopic?? You should get a long interview with her. :D

Remember: it is who you know, not what you know that counts.

cb said...

OMG. That's why I know you. I heard that interview thing the first time -- the one about Joan! And I was thinking "Who IS this guy??"

LOL