Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Purple Onion Food Review: 36 of 52





As part of my New Year's Resolution to try 52 new restaurants, diners, coffee shops and bakeries during 2009, I present the following review.

Place
The Purple Onion

Location
1301 University Ave. SE
Minneapolis, MN

Who I Went With
Scott

What I Ate
Maple Dijon Salad: Romaine lettuce, dried cherries, toasted walnuts, and Feta cheese tossed in a Maple Dijon Dressing.

Roast Beef Sandwich: Tender sliced roast beef served on grilled Ciabatta bread with lettuce, tomato, melted Swiss cheese, and horseradish aioli.


Would I Go Back
Yes!

Worth the Price
Very much. The decor was great and the food was wonderful. The maple Dijon salad was the best I've tasted on this journey of food! I would go back just for the salad.

16 comments:

JennyMac said...

maple dijon salad? Must recreate in this house. YUM.

Love your NY's resolution too.

Steven Anthony said...

that sounds great, im gonna try an make this at home.......hey u have an award on my blog under an award for little ole me....check it out

A Lewis said...

We've got a local small pizza chain called The Blind Onion....it's awesome! Also, I'm on Yelp.com.....are you? i do reviews of restaurants/services wherever I go....it's a lot of fun.

Doug Goff said...

That salad does look awesome! After all the freaking Halloween candy I've been eating the past week I think I need to go on a salad only diet for a while and I'd like to start with one of those.

Meeko Fabulous said...

That salad sounds heavenly!

Renee said...

I love to eat and I want to do this.

xoxox

MJ said...

Repro Fiestaware?

Kyle said...

That salad looks awesome!

Ruby said...

I love that food photo..interesting place..might visit it one day!

Euroangel said...

thanks for adding back in BC..

Laura said...

Sounds good! It's nice to see some local places and not just Vegas. ;-)

Wonder Man said...

looks good

SteveA said...

I want a salad now - me hungry!

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Very strange name for a restaurant but the food sounds delish!

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

That is delicious!And healthy!
First time here. We have some common bloggy buddies. Interesting blog!

I am your new follower:)
Have a great time!

Mitzi said...

Where's the fries?