Friday, December 18, 2009

Wuollet Bakery: Food Review 47 of 52


As part of my New Year's Resolution to try 52 new restaurants, diners, coffee shops and bakeries during 2009, I present the following review.

Place:
Wuollet Bakery

Location:
3608 West 50th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55410

Who I Went With:
Scott, David and PK.

What I Ate:
Pumpkin pie and chocolate cake. These were the desserts we had at Thanksgiving.





Would I Go Back:
For sure!

Worth the Price:
Yes! The baked goods were wonderful!! It's not a surprise that Wuollets has been open for over 65 years!

From Wuollet's website:
When Reino Wuollet opened his family bakery in 1944, he couldn't have imagined the growth and notoriety his family's name would earn. With a $1,000 loan, impeccable business sense, and an insistence on producing the highest quality goods, Reino grew his company into a Twin Cities landmark.

17 comments:

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

Michael, you just ate the best choices!
I love them!.
Have a great week-end!
With lots of love at this special time of year!
:)

LENORENEVERMORE said...

Wow Michael 5 more yummy reviews to go!
Have a delicious weekend darling~
xo*

MJ said...

Pumpkin pie lust!

Must have!

Stephen said...

Are you going to get the last 5 reviews done in time for your deadline? What a project!
Thanks for your great blog in 2009... I always enjoy stopping by.
Happy Holidaze from Portland!

Laura said...

This is a favorite bakery in my family, we've used them many times. Great choice!

Steven Anthony said...

Between your smile and the chocolate cake you had me from the first word typed;)

Renee said...

I love anything sweet Michael.

xoxo

Doug Goff said...

Note to self: Never smoke pot and read Michael's food reviews. I'm now craving chocolate cake topped with pumpkin pie served by Tabitha. lmao

madtexter (corey james) said...

Only a few more restaurants to go and I think you'll make it. I should try and do something like this as a regular post for my blog next year. But not restaurants - I wouldn't want you to think I copied you!

I've something in mind for a routine blog post, but I'm stilling mulling it about, but it does have something to do with food.

Kenneth Fron said...

If you're going to indulge, that's the way to go! YUM!

Jan said...

I've just had dinner so it was safe to come in !
You're nearly there Michael :)

TheEgoReturns said...

All of a sudden I want something sweet with whipped cream on top!

Bobbie's Babbles said...

That chocolate cake looks amazing. Tell me again how you keep your figa?

Mitzi said...

I've never eating pumkin pie before, so you could say I'm pumkin pie curious.

WannabeVirginia W. said...

The cake looks fantastic. What an awesome idea for a blog. I love dining out!

Gropius said...

Wish I lived closer to THAT. Probably am gaining weight just looking at that chocolate pie.

Dean Grey said...

Michael!

I love chocolate cake!!!!! This looked delicious!

-Dean