Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work at Sundance

Coming to the Sundance Film Festival 2010: Joan Rivers –A Piece Of Work exposes the private dramas of irreverent, legendary comedian and pop icon Joan Rivers as she fights tooth and nail to remain the queen of comedy.

Filmed as a cinema verite documentary, the film reveals a rare glimpse of the comedic process and the toxic mixture of self-doubt and anger that often fuels it.

Joan’s story is both an outrageously funny journey and a brutally honest look at the ruthless entertainment industry, the trappings of success and the ultimate vulnerability of the life of a performer.

I wish I could make it to Sundace to see this! But, I'll have to wait. As I get more information, I'll pass it on.

21 comments:

3 hungry tummies said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the film!

Bob said...

Wow, I hadn't heard of this. Sounds like it'll be very good.

MAC said...

She's an amazing woman, I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Steven Anthony said...

Love her, cant wait.

MJ said...

Does anyone get bitch slapped?

Sean said...

Queue up the Netflix!

Stephen Rader said...

I HAVE to see this! I hadn't heard anything about it. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Doug Goff said...

Man you're making me fall in love with Joan Rivers! lmfao

mistress maddie said...

You know this will be good! She has had a long carreer in comedy and can be proud of that! Both her books I read have been very good and touching. I almost wish she would do another.

robertga99 said...

I do love Joan! Can't wait to see this.

MTaylor813 said...

Love her. She cracks me up.

Kenneth Fron said...

This seems very interesting...I'm surprised nothing has been done like this in the past for Joan, she's such a fighter and trooper to stay in the game. I wonder if Melissa is featured in the film. I think Joan would make a great reality tv show on BRAVO. Can you imagine watching just how long and what a production it would be when she get's dressed for an event? How fun!

RAD said...

I heard she is back on the E network....Yippee!!!

CAMERA obsessed MICHAEL said...

WoW...looks like it will be a must see for sure!

Mark said...

I loved her on Larry King recently talking about her security problems. Love her!

Gropius said...

I've shared this with a good ole buddy up in NC...she loves, LOVES Joan. Thanks for the post!

Brahm said...

That looks great - she is so brutally honest can't wait to see it. I hadn't heard about this at all!

Looking forwatd to hearing more!

LORDPATRICK said...

Hope you make it, Michael. :-)

Hugs

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

I have not seen this film. I look forward to seeing this film. Thanks for sharing!
:)

Jan said...

Hopefully I'll get to see this at some point - got to be good - it's Joan !

Mark in DE said...

I bet it will be good! Look for it on Netflix or at your local indie film festival.