Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Judy Garland in Concert



On Sunday, I'll be going to Judy Garland in Concert. For almost a year I've been looking forward to this show coming to Minneapolis. Tour information:

The legendary voice of Judy Garland and the world's greatest symphony orchestras join together to create this remarkable concert event. Through the magic of breakthrough technology, the incomparable performer returns to the stage!

My friend, John Fricke, was part of the creative team who put together the show. It premiered last year at the Boston Pops to rave reviews:

An astonishing achievement, both technically and artistically. The Symphony Hall audience was riveted.
The Boston Globe

For Garland fans, it was an opportunity to bask in her electrifying talent. Far from being a gimmick, this melding of technical expertise and performance gave Pops audiences an opportunity to see what Garland could do best - seduce an audience with her dynamic deliveries of many familiar songs.
Edge

Audience members can expect a concert event designed like a theatrical performance.
Metro

28 comments:

Bob said...

Wow! Sounds like a great show. I want to hear all about it!

robertga99 said...

Wow, I would love to see that! Color me jealous :)

3 hungry tummies said...

Sounds like a great concert! Bet you will have a great time!

Doug Goff said...

Sounds like a blast! I would imagine the tickets are a little pricy huh?

Lance said...

Oh dear... is this ever coming to either SE Michigan or NW Ohio? I would LOVE to see this!!

JennyMac said...

How awesome!!! Have a great time.

A Lewis said...

There's no doubt that we're all insanely jealous!

Paul Benjamin said...

Have fun! Make sure to blog about it.

Steven Anthony said...

sounds great, cant wait to read your thoughts afterward;)

MJ said...

I take it you've left guest passes for each of us at the box office?

Deep Dish said...

It does sound like a great show! Looking forward to reading your review!

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Have a great time, Michael :)

Dan said...

sounds fun!

heat said...

Oh Sweet, I've never even heard of this.....Sounds like a blast

madtexter ☺☺☺☺☺☺ (corey james) said...

oooh! There WILL be some boys in the audience. I'm sure it will be one ginormous Judy vortex that will take no prisoners!

jason said...

No kidding? I've never heard of this....it's a genius idea!

mistress maddie said...

Alright, you need to get me a ticket and I'm coming to the show with you! It really does sound incredible!

Gropius said...

Sounds like a great one. As corny as people may think it is, Somewhere Over the Rainbow will always be one of my faves.

Damien Oz said...

Hey handsome - check out my blog babe...

http://2centsworthdownunder.blogspot.com/2010/01/kreativ-blogger-award-id-like-to-thank.html

Rick said...

This came to Boston! How did I miss it?

Kyle said...

I'm very envious Michael. Have fun!

Mark in DE said...

Sounds exciting!

Bobbie's Babbles said...

Wow, enjoy. That's something special.

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

SOunds like a great concet.Have fun!

Dean Grey said...

Michael!

Have a great time!

It looks like it'll be amazing with those huge screens of Judy singing in the background!


-Dean

Sharon McPherson: AUTHOR / ARTIST said...

Brilliant!!!! She's a legend.

Victor said...

I hope it was as good as it promised.

Davelandweb said...

C'mon Michael - We're all waiting for the review—hop to it!