Thursday, January 21, 2010

New Years 2009: What I Ate


Yesterday I wrote about achieving my 2009 New Years Resolution to try 52 new eating experiences. Today, as promised, is the list of foods I ate.

Breakfast
5 meals of eggs, hash browns and toast
1 egg, bacon and cheese bagel
1 meal of scrambled eggs and french toast
1 breakfast quesadilla

Lunch or Dinner
7 meals of burgers and fries.
3 meals of pizza
1 meal of ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and stuffing
1 meal of potato soup
1 Italian family style dinner
1 fondue experience
3 meals of pad Thai
2 deli sandwiches
1 order of pasta cabonara
3 meals of tacos and Spanish rice
1 Spamdog
1 spaghetti and meatball on a stick
1 pastrami on sourdough sandwich
1 patty melt
1 pastrami and pepper jack on pumpernickel toast sandwich
1 grilled ham, cheese and asparagus sandwich
1 meal of roast beef, mashed potatoes and corn
1 meal of pasta with short ribs, ricotta cheese and aged balsamic
1 cruise ship buffet
1 beef burrito with rice
1 grilled ham, cheese and sliced pear sandwich
1 roast beef sandwich on ciabatta bread with onion jam
1 order of beef lo mein

Desserts
1 orange dream crepe
1 piece of pumpkin pie
1 piece of chocolate cake
1 blueberry muffin
1 dish of gellato
1 cherry pastry
1 dish of honey ice cream
1 blueberry cream cheese pastry
1 slice of carrot cake

18 comments:

3 hungry tummies said...

Thanks for revealing! That seems like a lot of plates being used! haha!

Larry Ohio said...

Nice pic at the end! The honey ice cream sounds magnificent. I need to try some of that.

A Lewis said...

And you're headed to the gym today.... right?? Wow.

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

Great list!great honey ice cream to die for!
:)

Bob said...

I'm full just reading that. Excuse me while I unbuckle my belt...aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!

Steven Anthony said...

have you ever seen the bbc show you are what you eat? this list looks like a list of the food the people on the show would eat, but instead of a yr they do it in a week..lol

peace

The Daily Connoisseur said...

I hope this was not all in one day... you weren't kidding when you left that comment on my blog! We need to get you a French alter ego stat! ;)

Bo said...

Thats a lot of food!

Wonder Man said...

That's what I call eatin'

madtexter ☺☺☺☺☺☺ (corey james) said...

Surprisingly enough. That doesn't look like a lot of food. But I remember reading those posts and looking at the pictures, so I KNOW it was a lot of food. You must have the metabolism of a Road Runner.

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Real fondue experience is still on my list, thanks for reminding me of that!! But what is a Spamdog? I would imagine it to be a very annoying hotdog... *scratches her head*

p.s. love the pic you chose to with the post, hehe

Stephen said...

I wondered if you would do a wrap-up...
don't be unhappy with me, but I have tagged you with a meme:

http://nopoboho.blogspot.com/2010/01/it-is-all-about-meme.html

LORDPATRICK said...

Pity I was not with your party for New Year!

Trust this year will be a really good one for you!

Thanks for your "birthday" greetings. I'm really pleased with myself that my blog has succeeded as well as it has. Thanks for support over twelve months.

Hugs :-)

Dan said...

how many calories?

Gropius said...

As my southern dad would say, "Good Night Miss Agnus!" That's a ton of food. Though I joined your blog late in the year, I enjoyed all of your postings on this. And good for you, carrying through with that resolution! Love your photo of all the dishes. Looks like my house at the end of the week.

Bobbie's Babbles said...

I don't know, call me crazy... it just doesn't seem like that much food!!!

Doug Goff said...

Wow that seems like an awful lot of food when you put it all together lol

Lance said...

Glad that menu was spread out over an entire year...!